Celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, Napa Valley’s Stags Leap District AVA is known for its world-class Cabernet Sauvignons. And for two decades, the 17 wineries that make up this diminutive AVA have come together to showcase their talents via the Stags Leap District Appelation Collection, a one-of-a-kind, vintage specific offering of one Cabernet Sauvignon from each of its members. The District was the first and is the only sub AVA to release such an extraordinary collection.
This year’s collection highlights the 2017 vintage and is available for purchase from October 15th to December 15th, 2020, with wines arriving in time for holiday celebrations and gifting. Only 150 total sets are available. The price with shipping is $1,999 and includes winemaker notes for each wine.
New this year, Appellation Collection loyalists and buyers will have the chance to meet the vintners and winemakers through a series of interactive virtual tastings, providing the chance to learn more about the nuances of each prestigious wine. Hosted at 4:00 p.m. PST on Friday afternoons in November and December, the schedule, as well as reservation sign-ups, can be found here.
The 2017 Appellation Collection includes one bottle of each of the following Stags Leap District-designated wines:
– Baldacci Family Vineyards, 2017 Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon
– Chimney Rock Winery, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon, Ganymede Vineyard
– Cliff Lede Vineyards, 2017 Dancing Heart Cabernet Sauvignon
– Clos Du Val, 2017 Hirondelle Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
– Ilsley Vineyards, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
– Lindstrom Wines, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
– Malk Family Vineyards, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
– Odette Estate Winery, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
– Pine Ridge Vineyards, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
– Quixote Winery, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
– Regusci Winery, 2017 ‘The Elders’ Cabernet Sauvignon
– Shafer Vineyards, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon One Point Five
– Silverado Vineyards, 2017 SOLO Cabernet Sauvignon
– Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars, 2017 FAY Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
– Stags’ Leap Winery 2017 The Leap Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
– Steltzner Vineyards, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
– Taylor Family Vineyards, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve
“Each of these wines stands alone, but as a collective they tell a complete story of the Stags Leap District, and showcase the hallmark characteristics of this region—grace and power, lush texture, and vibrant fruit,” said Nancy Bialek, Executive Director of Stags Leap District Winegrowers. “Our Virtual Tastings will deepen the experience, with the chance to hear directly from, and taste with, our vintners and winemakers about this memorable vintage.”